The Wichita Festivals, Inc. team prides itself on contributing significantly to our community’s economy and our neighbors’ quality of life by creating fun, engaging, unique events for people of all ages, interests and backgrounds.
WFI is an independent 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization and we achieve our goals with the support of individual, business and group sponsors and donors.
Enjoying solving the challenges that large-scale event-planning presents?
Consider joining the WFI team!
The President & CEO of WFI is responsible for the management, operation, and supervision of WFI, with oversight and support from a Board of Directors. The CEO reports to the Board Chairperson, and the Board sets and affirms overall organizational aims and expectations of the CEO. In turn, the CEO sets organizational priorities and devises and oversees a staffing plan – including full-time, part-time, seasonal, and volunteer roles – to execute on those priorities. Overall accountability for compliance and risk management, budgeting, program development, event execution and public relations lies with the CEO. In addition, the CEO represents the organization in the community, furthering the mission through relationships with civic and Government leaders and, in conjunction with appropriate staff members, key sponsors, volunteers, contractors, event partners and other constituency groups.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated experience and a successful track record in administration, including planning and evaluation.
- Five years of successful supervision of a staff including the responsibilities for recruitment, management, and termination.
- Five years successful demonstrated experience with operational budget development and oversight.
- Three to five years’ experience creating and implementing community events or festivals.
- Successful track record in fundraising/development, including experience in stewardship of donors and sponsors.
- Demonstrated experience crafting internal and external marketing messages.
- Demonstrated experience directing and developing the creation of reports for stakeholders.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to function as the public face of Wichita Festivals Inc. to all stakeholders and constituency groups.
- Ability to engage and inspire others in the successful implementation of objectives.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups, including volunteers, government officials, etc.
- Ability to attract, motivate, and manage a talented staff.
- Ability to be effective under pressure and handle constant multitasking.
- Public speaking and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Other Position Requirements:
- Maintains acceptable overall attendance record, to include department staff meetings, agency meetings, and trainings as required.
- Exhibits appropriate level of technical knowledge for the position.
- Produces quantity of work necessary to meet job requirements.
- Works well with a team, keeps others informed of information needed. Treats others with respect, maintaining a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintains effective and professional verbal and written interactions with peers, customers, supervisors, and other staff. Uses diplomacy and tact in dealing with difficult situations or people. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to handle new assignments, changes in procedures and business requirements. Identifies what needs to be done and takes appropriate action.
- Completes assigned work, meets deadlines without reminders/follow-up from supervisor or others.
- Performs work conscientiously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Must be able to work outside with varying temperatures and conditions.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds and stand for long periods of time.
- Experience with Board Development and Board Operations.
- Experience negotiating service contracts with a value of $25,000 and greater.
Review of completed applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Salary range is commensurate with experience. Performance incentives are also available. Interested applicants should reply to: hr@WichitaFestivals.com where they will be required to submit a letter of application, resume, and contact information for 5 professional references (names, phone numbers, and email addresses). Persons with questions should send them to the same email address for a response.
All the above duties and responsibilities are considered essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as a detailed statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisors, subject to reasonable accommodation.
DIRECTOR OF SALES AND DEVELOPMENT
Wichita Festivals, Inc. seeks an excellent relationship builder with experience securing event sponsorships, major gifts, grants, on-site exhibitors, and other support for its large-scale events and other activities. This position also fulfills supporters’ hospitality and other benefits. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of interpersonal, communication and organizational skills. Reporting directly to the CEO, this position is part of a team dedicated to the mission of bringing the Wichita community together in celebration.
- Fundraising and/or sales related experience required.
- Grantwriting background preferred
- Ability to travel locally required, occasional evening and weekend work required as needed, especially during events.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Salary: Pay range $45,000-$60,000, depending on experience, network and motivation.
Submit resume, cover letter, references and salary requirements to email@example.com. EOE
Wichita Festivals, Inc.
DIRECTOR OF SALES AND DEVELOPMENT
The Director of Sales and Development is responsible for securing funding from individuals, foundations and corporations to support the activities and events of Wichita Festivals, Inc. Funding may include, but is not limited to corporate sponsorships, group and retail button sales, planned giving, fundraising campaigns and other revenue initiatives. This position will be part of the Sales & Marketing team and will work closely with other team members to meet WFI annual and strategic goals.
1. Secure sponsor funding for WFI programs and events from local, regional and national corporations, organizations and industries.
2. Develop, plan and maintain positive sponsor relationships to secure ongoing, year-round involvement in WFI programs and activities.
3. Manage database and maintain ongoing and effective communication with sponsor and donor accounts.
4. Develop an annual budget to reflect WFI sponsorship goals and related expenses to secure those goals.
5. Identify and secure in-kind donations/contributions to help offset budgeted expenses.
6. In conjunction with Director of Marketing and CEO assist in development of sales tools promoting WFI marketing and sponsorship opportunities, annual giving campaigns and/or onsite activation during events.
7. Define, maintain and assist in development of sponsor recognition program, activities and gifts throughout the year.
8. Oversee and ensure fulfillment of benefits for sponsor accounts per signed contract, including tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate funding.
9. In conjunction with CEO, develop and grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
10. Build a planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
11. Seek out grant opportunities including research, proposal writing and reporting requirements.
12. Assist in development and execution of annual programs to meet organizational goals, including but not limited to Riverfest group button sales campaign and Festival Crew annual fundraising drive.
13. Identify and implement additional revenue producing activities as appropriate.
14. Contribute to staff and team goals and assist as necessary to meet organizational goals.
Director of Sales & Development
1. Develop and implement short and long term goals to support the strategic initiatives of the organization through major gifts and event sponsorships.
2. Execute a contract with each corporate sponsor(s) outlining rights and responsibilities of both parties.
3. Fulfill obligations to sponsors, partners and donors in a timely, responsive manner conducive to development of on-going relationships.
4. Create annual fiscal year budget for sponsorship sales, development and fundraising programs and execution of each.
5. Outline and develop means of regular communication with sponsors, partners and donors providing in-sight into WFI plans and information pertinent to each group.
6. Develop organizational timelines related to sponsorships, development and fundraising in conjunction with all WFI staff and execute in a timely, effective manner.
7. Cooperate and communicate with all WFI staff and volunteers in a professional, timely, efficient manner.
8. Participation in staff decision-making and team building.
9. Assist in development of a group button sales plan annually in coordination with overall sales and marketing button plan resulting in increased sales of Riverfest buttons.
10. Utilize volunteers to assist in meeting organizational goals and objectives within the framework of the annual sponsorship/development and fundraising plan.
11. Develop annual sales plan in conjunction with WFI business and marketing plans.